Friday 23 March 2018

Toolkit 2 | Progress Report

Drawing:

Life Drawing:

Compilation

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Character Design:

Production Bible

Mudbox:

Fruits and Vegetables Part 1

Fruits and Vegetables Part 2 - Needs to be Posted

Bowl

Final Image - I have to create the table for the objects to sit on and then place them in the same scene.

Sculpting:

Weeks 1 and 2 - I have to add a more recent photo of the sculpture's progress as the last photo is not the most recent one.

Maya:

Jetpack Jones:

Head:

Progress 1 - Part 1 through to Part 4

Progress 2 - Part 5 through to Part 8

Progress 3 - Part 9 through to Part 11 - Currently working through the end of Part 10.

I will be completing the head and working through the body over Easter.

Lighting and Rendering 2:

Ray Depth

Sampling and Noise Reduction

Maya Lights

Light Filters

Stylised Internal Lighting - In Progress

HDR Images - Need to be Posted

Animation:

3D Body Animation:

Poses:

Posing Moom

Acting Poses

Weight Lifting:

Weightlifting Poses | Extremes and Inbetweens

Weightlifting Animation

Info-graphics:

Title Sequence. - Complete. I will be taking another look at the pacing of the later half of the sequence as well as the font used. I will also be re-looking at the colours and refining some of the images used.

Acting:

I have yet to write about acting, I have been present for all sessions.

3D Facial Animation:

Suprise Animation - I will be working on a version 2 as I forgot to animate the tongue in this version.

Phonemes - I need to catch up on this.

1 comment:

  1. Character Design Feedback

    I think its fair to say that you have found this project somewhat challenging, which has lead to a lack of development for your two characters. I think they do, however display some charm, and are pleasantly executed. However I feel the inflatable theme could have been explored much further. It would perhaps have been useful to show more texture (seems, creases, stitching etc) and this would have highlighted the different between both characters- the new and shiny Pirate B, opposed to the slightly deflated, patched up and threadbare Pirate A. The expression sheets are unfortunately one-dimensional and lacklustre, and the gesture sheets are missing altogether.

    The Environment and Ship designs also feel undeveloped, and like the characters, the inflatable theme is unexplored. Again texture and detail would have helped bring these to life. The two ships should really reflect the personalities of the two characters (new and shiny vs old and battered) but texturally they are identical. The Storyboards are better explored, with a good range of camera shots and movements, but more clarity is required to fully understand the narrative.

    Overall then I think your design bible needs more development to bring the narrative to life. I do think you have the ability to do this so I would strongly recommend developing your characters and this project further. As it is, it is not doing your character design skills justice. And please check your spelling! - JW

    ReplyDelete